It’s one of the easiest ways to improve your diet: eat vegetables with every meal. This healthy habit has multiple benefits. Not only do you nourish your body with much-needed vitamins, minerals and fibers, but focusing on greens automatically stimulates you to make healthier food choices overall.
Years ago I wrote a blog post with 40 easy ideas to eat more vegetables every day. But now we’re taking it to the next-level. Most of us have got dinner’s covered, from a traditional meat-potato-and-veg to plant-based exotic cuisines or healthy takes on your favorite fast food. But what about the other meals of the day? Have a look at these 24 ways to have vegetables for breakfast, lunch and snack-time and enjoy it too!
Green smoothies and veggie juices have become a popular way to start the day. But if you prefer a more hearty meal, these nourishing breakfasts are just for you:
Green Smoothie Bowls
Green smoothie bowls are the perfect vehicle for blending in vegetables like spinach, beets and even frozen cauliflower – without you even noticing. Sprinkle nutrient-rich toppings on your smoothie bowl and you’ve got yourself a breakfast that will keep you full until lunchtime!
Green Smoothie Bowl with Chia Seeds from DetoxDIY
2. Breakfast Beetroot Smoothie Bowl from A Tasty Love Story
3. Veggie Loaded Smoothie Bowl Dreams from Earth Sprout
Fan of a warming bowl of goodness in the morning? Just add some shredded carrots, pumpkin puree or sautéed greens to your oats et voila, another way to effortlessly eat vegetables with every meal.
4. Morning Glory Oats from Joy The Baker
5. Superquick Pumpkin Porridge from Vanilla and Beans
6. Savory Steel Cut Oats from The Full Helping
Green Eggs (Ham Optional)
The humble egg is a nutritional powerhouse, packed with protein, fat-soluble vitamins and minerals. Add some vitamin-C rich veggies like spinach, bell pepper or summer squash for a complete and satisfying breakfast.
7. Soft Boiled Eggs with Veggie Soldiers from NOMU
8. Roasted Eggplant Shakshuka from The Brick Kitchen
9. Avocado Breakfast Burrito from Half Baked Harvest
Pancakes and Waffles
Who doesn’t like a stack of pancakes or waffles on weekend mornings? Mix grated veggies in the batter for an added health boost.
10. Healthy Beetroot Pancakes from Pure Ella
11. Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles from A Saucy Kitchen
12. Flourless Zucchini Bread Pancakes from The Big Man’s World
Eating more vegetables with your lunch can be as simple as sprucing up your good old sandwich with slices of tomato and lettuce. But if you want to take your midday meal to the next level, have a look at these veggie-packed alternatives to your usual brown-bagged lunch.
13. Stuffed Pita Pockets from The Kitchen
14. Vegetable Flatbread from Green Kitchen Stories
15. Sweet Potato Toast, 5 Ways from Nutrition Stripped
16. Hummus Veggie Wrap from FoodieCrush
When the afternoon slump rolls around, resist the urge to hit the cookie jar for a sugar boost and try these vitamin bombs instead.
17. Veggie Snack Platter from Tuulia
18. Sweet Potato Baked Chips with Thyme from Cooking Melangery
19. Veggie Spring Rolls with Thai Mango Dipping Sauce from Half Baked Harvest
20. Butternut Squash and Feta Falafel with Smoked Chili Creme Fraiche from Food and Travel
Sweets & Desserts
It may seem a little weird or hardcore at first, but you can indulge your sweet tooth and eat your veggies with one bite. Sneak sweet-tasting vegetables like beets and pumpkin into your baked goods with the recipes below.
21. Beet Blueberry Muffins from Nutrition Stripped
22. Black Bean Brownie Bites from Green Kitchen Stories
23. Green Smoothie Popsicles from Kitchen Confidante
24. Vegan Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate and Walnut from The Awesome Green
Do you eat vegetables with every meal? What’s your favourite way of sneaking more greens into your breakfast, lunch and snacks?
For more veggie-packed recipes, check out:
- 40 Delicious and Easy Ways to Eat More Vegetables Every Day
- 10 Delicious Dinners in a Bowl
- 7 Vibrant Veggie Platters for Summer Entertaining
- 19 Healthy Burgers and Fries for Your Summer BBQ
- 14 Ultimate Stacks of Healthy Pancakes, Waffels and French Toast