You guys, how can almost be 2018 already? This past year has flown by, and it’s been such a blessed year for me and my family. Time to celebrate, relax and recharge, and start making plans for 2018!
Get inspired for healthy holidays and a sparkling new year with these great reads from around the web.
Happy & Healthy Holidays
- How do you stay healthy and sane during holiday travel? Whether you’re visiting relatives or planning a getaway, here are 10 strategies to enjoy your trip with your health intact.
- It doesn’t get more hygge than this: a Turmeric Hot Toddy.
- Lovely gift idea from Tasty Yummies: Essential Oil Holiday Room Sprays. These all-natural scents will not only provide a cozy setting, but you’ll also be reaping the therapeutic benefits of the essential oils. What’s not to like?
- “I love celebrating the holidays, but please remember I’m still chronically ill.”
- A good party involves good company and good food. Take your celebrations to the next level with these 16 healthy party bites or a vibrant veggie platter made for entertaining.
- It’s the perfect addition to all holiday tables from now until New Year’s: Half Baked Harvest’s Pomegranate Avocado Salad with Candied Walnuts.
- When you’re having a not so merry Christmas: How to Deal When the Holidays Aren’t Exactly Happy.
- This is going on the to-bake list: a healthy gingerbread house. How cute is that?
Self-Care in Winter Solstice Season
- As much as we enjoy the holiday season, it can be a hectic period. How do you avoid spreading yourself too thin? McKel Hill from Nutrition Stripped shares 7 tips to prioritize yourself even when you’re busy.
- The importance of darkness: why you should celebrate the winter solstice.
- We all crave a place that makes us feel safe and comfortable, especially on those cold winter nights. Here are 7 ways to create a peaceful space around you.
- Yes: How to figure out what makes you happy (so you can do more of it).
- The last days of December always feel like a natural time for quietude and self-reflection to me, to look back on the year that’s almost passed, make exciting plans and recharge my batteries. Read why silence and solitude can make your life better and how you can fit more alone time in your busy schedule.
- Let’s be honest: most things we do to relax have zero to do with actual rest. But Karen Brody comes to our rescue: see how a ‘nap’ can change your life.
- My take on the buzzword of the year: “Beyond Bubble Baths – What Self-Care Means When You’re Chronically Ill.”
New Year, New You
- Clarity is key. Start your goal-setting session with these 10 Questions to Help You Level-Up and Evolve.
- Thorough post from The Blissful Mind: How to get mindful about your goals and actually make them happen.
- What will the new year bring the health and fitness scene? 11 Wellness Trends to Watch in 2018.
- In that spirit: Mark Sisson lists the 12 best health podcasts for 2018. Which show do you like to listen to?
- Remember: you are not a problem to be fixed. Love Mara’s sentiment about taking imperfect action.
- Cool: This year, 3 scientists won the Nobel Prize for explaining how humans, animals and plants adapt their biological rhythm to the Earth’s revolutions. Unfortunately, modern-day living really messes up our internal clock. Have a look at how you can hack your circadian rhythm for great energy every day.
- Making New Year’s resolutions has gotten a bad rep, because so many of us fail to quit smoking, lose weight or hit the gym on a regular basis once the initial motivation and excitement wears off. That’s why I rounded up all the doable, science-backed tips you need to transform your health for good. Because setting goals the right way – and sticking to them – can improve the quality of your life.
I wish you all happy holidays and a loving 2018 with plenty of ‘spoons’ to make your dreams come true!
Want more in-depth info on a healthy lifestyle and coping with chronic illness in 2018? Sign up for free weekly updates from The Health Sessions here: