It’s hard to believe we’re halfway through 2017 already. I’ve launched a book, gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and celebrated many milestone moments for my family. Time for well-deserved break to relax and recharge for the second half of the year!
If you’re also looking to make the most of your summer holidays, check out these 19 surprising strategies from around the web to hack your health and happiness.
Let’s Go Outside, In The Sunshine
- Going camping this summer? Research has found that it’s not just a fun, budget-friendly activity – camping significantly improves your health and circadian rhythm in several ways.
- Unfortunately, heading into nature comes with a risk: ticks. Here’s what you need to know about Lyme disease to protect yourself.
- Have you ever heard about light hacking? Biohacking expert Dave Asprey explains how you can use natural daylight to your body’s advantage for better energy, mood and performance.
- Work your body while enjoying the great outdoors with the best hiking tips to get fit on the trail.
- It’s always best to enjoy the sun safely. But in case you get caught off guard, have a look at these 5 natural sunburn relief remedies to soothe your irritated skin and prevent peeling.
Ice Ice Baby – And Other Summer Food
- Sunny days scream for ice cream. And this Rhubarb Ice Cream Sandwich looks finger-licking good.
- Or you could quench your thirst with this Lemon Goji Switchel from Gourmande in the Kitchen. Liquid sunshine!
- There’s an abundance of colourful veggies available this time of year, but what are tasty ways to eat them? Nutrition Stripped shares how to cook with summer vegetables.
- Perfect for outdoor entertaining: 7 vibrant veggie platters with healthy dips. What are your favourite veg to snack on?
- Don’t want to eat out on holiday but still like a break from cooking every nigh? Wellness Mama shows you how to bulk cook healthy meals for vacation.
Relax, Take It Ea-ea-sy
- Wow. New research has found that the stress-busting effects of mind-body interventions such as yoga, meditation and tai chi reach all the way down to DNA level.
- In that spirit: why not try Airport Yoga? We can all do with some stretching before a long flight.
- Lavender is known for its calming effects, but how do you use it? 5 Ways to use lavender to chill.
- Binge-watching Netflix sure is entertaining, but it isn’t exactly high-quality rest. Here are 19 better ways to relax your body and mind every day.
Spoon(ie)ful of Summer
- One happy Facebook photo of a ‘good’ day says nothing about how ill you really are. “Why I won’t apologize for having fun while being sick.“
- We all know that moving your body is good for you, but how do you work out when you have an auto-immune disease? Mark’s Daily Apple gets into the science-backed do’s and don’t’s of exercising with diabetes, MS, Crohn’s disease and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Feeling down and worried? Take the first steps to a happier you by implementing these 20 ways to relieve anxiety and depression.
- Forever torn: When you want to have fun, but know your body will pay for it.
- How do you get a vacation feeling – that elusive mix of peace and excitement – when you’re too sick to travel? Enjoy the summer holidays from the comfort of your own home with these 38 staycation ideas for spoonies of all fitness levels.
Have a happy and healthy Summer!
Would you like to receive the best tips and tools for healthy living despite chronic illness in your mailbox? Sign up for your weekly health sessions here.