“Rest is not idle, is not wasteful. Sometimes rest is the most productive thing you can do for your body and soul.” – Erica Layne
Endless summer days are the perfect time to slow down, enjoy nature, eat outdoors and have a good time with the people you love. If you’re looking for more inspiration to relax, recharge and make the most of your vacation, check out these blog posts packed with ideas:
- 16x Instant Inspiration for a Happy & Healthy Summer
- Why Chilling Isn’t the Same as Real Rest (And What You Should Do Instead)
- Life in the Slow Lane: 21 Ideas to Embrace Slow Living
- 38 Staycation Ideas for a Happy Holiday at Home
- How to Have a Healthy Beach Day
Of course, good food makes every occasion even more joyful. These summer recipes show that you can eat healthily and indulge yourself at the same time:
- 12 Refreshing Drinks for a Hot Summer’s Day
- 10 Savory Yoghurt Bowls for a Hearty Breakfast
- 15 Healthy Brunch Recipes You Need This Weekend
- 14 Fresh Recipes for a Healthy Picnic
- 17 Summer Salads You Need This Season
- 7 Vibrant Veggie Platters for Summer Entertaining
- 11 Healthy Popsicles for a Chill Summer
Struggling to keep yourself entertained this summer while you’re stuck at home? Maybe these posts will help:
- How to Overcome Summertime Loneliness
- Why Entertaining Yourself When You’re Sick Isn’t a Luxury
- 21 Mini Adventures to Spice Up Everyday Life (Even If You’re Chronically Ill)
- 12 Date Night Ideas at Home for Spoonies
- Art Therapy: 44 Creative Ways to Support Your Health and Happiness
You can also download The Bored & Sick Guide: 130 Fun Things You Can Do at Home for free for more inspiration.
Finally, have you seen the (free!) virtual summit ‘How to Thrive with Chronic Illness and Limited Energy’ yet? Over 60 experts have been sharing their best advice about living a good life with chronic illness. I’ve been invited to host a live Facebook talk about ‘Everyday Health Sessions’ – small things almost anyone can do to boost their health and happiness. Excited, but nervous!
You’re welcome to listen in and cheer me on on Wednesday June 22 at 10am PDT (or 7PM CET).
Wishing you a (relatively) healthy and happy Summer!
Never miss another blog post by signing up for your weekly health sessions.